Lost & Found Pets
As an association, digital photographs of any lost or found pets by residents within those boundaries will be placed on our website for 30 days.
How to submit a Found Pet:
- Take several digital photographs of the pet from different angles.
- Email least two (2) views to webmaster@LHENA.org
- Email the best phone number to reach you . Use a phone number that is most convenient for you.
- Include your first name and last name in your email, but that information is for LHENA only.
- Only the petís photo, the finders phone number and the day photo was sent to LHENA will be published.
- LHENA requests that callers telephone you only between the hours of 8 AM and 7 PM.
How to take a phone call from a possible owner:
- If possible, find a unique feature of the pet that is not apparent in the photographs. When the caller is on the phone, ask about any unique features to see if that matches anything you see to help authenticate ownership.
- Ask the caller about the petís name and see if the pet responds to you saying it.
- It is recommended that you conduct any conversations on your front porch when the prospective owner comes to pick up the pet. If possible, try to have the pet on a leash.
- If possible, before releasing the pet, ask to copy the individualís drivers license information and request their phone number.
LHENA hopes this will bring some owners and lost pets back together.
NOTE:If you do not see your lost pet posted on this page, please visit the SPCA website for information on finding a lost pet. A good place to start is by calling one of the following numbers:
Dallas - 214.670.7430 or 214.670.8226
Dallas 24 Hour Emergency - 214.670.5111